How to create a client activated remoting object in an MFC Client

Max-Ph. Blickenstorfer

We have a remoting service which can be accesse by a c# client. No problem
so far.

But we do need an interop solution to existing MFC Clients. For server
activated objects it seems to work.

However, I have trouble getting a client activated object to be created
using an MFC Client and unmanaged C++.

Any hint or link is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Max

Gaurav Khanna [C# MVP]

Hi!

You could use managed extensions for C++. Create a managed C++ class that
will actually create the CAO for you. Your unmanaged C++ class can, then,
invoke functionality of this managed C++ class to work with the CAO.

The following links should also help you:

http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/03/03/mcppp2.html
http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/
--
Regards,
Kumar Gaurav Khanna

Max-Ph. Blickenstorfer

Dear Gaurav Khanna,
Thank you for your kind advise, I will definitely follow your approach.

Regards
Max