How to create a excute file

HS1

Hello all

I want to create an execute file (only one .exe file for Windows) for my
project. This project uses some available component such as JFree for
creating report or mysql-connector to connect to a mySQL database)... . So
when I want to create the file, do I have to add all of those libraries into
this file?

Thank you for your help

S.H1

Ferenc Hechler

Hello S.H1,

if you use Eclipse you can use my Plug-In "Fat-Jar" to build "executable"
jars ( http://fjep.sourceforge.net/ ).
Basically it packs all classes and jars together into one jar and sets the
Main-Class attribute,
so that this jar can be executed with "java -jar <myexecutable>.jar".
If you have installed the JRE under windows there is a file-association with
".jar" which allows you
to execute your application by simply doubleclicking the
<myexecutable>.jar-file.

Best regards,

feri

b3ny

I want to create an execute file (only one .exe file for Windows) for myuse jsmooth, a freeware exe wrapper tool -> http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net
but java needs to be installed on the target machine

else you can use exelsior jet, a powerful native compiler,
but the programs compiled with the free version work only on the machine
on wich u created them... and the full version is fu**** expensive...

no prop wir jsmooth, u only need to include the jar packages of JFree ...

peace beny

Gerbrand van Dieijen

Hello all

I want to create an execute file (only one .exe file for Windows) for my
project. This project uses some available component such as JFree for
creating report or mysql-connector to connect to a mySQL database)... . So
when I want to create the file, do I have to add all of those libraries into
this file?

I use Exe4j for that, which works very fine. You still need an JVM, but
you can simple include the folder JRE as subfolder in your applications
directory (which can be packed/installed with it).