    this file?

    Thank you for your help

    S.H1
    HS1, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Hello S.H1,

    if you use Eclipse you can use my Plug-In "Fat-Jar" to build "executable"
    jars ( http://fjep.sourceforge.net/ ).
    Basically it packs all classes and jars together into one jar and sets the
    Main-Class attribute,
    so that this jar can be executed with "java -jar <myexecutable>.jar".
    If you have installed the JRE under windows there is a file-association with
    ".jar" which allows you
    to execute your application by simply doubleclicking the
    <myexecutable>.jar-file.

    Best regards,

    feri

    Ferenc Hechler, Nov 15, 2004

  3. HS1

    b3ny Guest

    > > I want to create an execute file (only one .exe file for Windows) for my
    > > project.

    use jsmooth, a freeware exe wrapper tool -> http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net
    but java needs to be installed on the target machine

    else you can use exelsior jet, a powerful native compiler,
    but the programs compiled with the free version work only on the machine
    on wich u created them... and the full version is fu**** expensive...

    > > This project uses some available component such as JFree for
    > > creating report or mysql-connector to connect to a mySQL database)... . So
    > > when I want to create the file, do I have to add all of those libraries
    > > into

    no prop wir jsmooth, u only need to include the jar packages of JFree ...

    peace beny
    b3ny, Nov 16, 2004
  4. On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:53:44 +1300, HS1 wrote:
    >Hello all
    >

    >I want to create an execute file (only one .exe file for Windows) for my
    >project. This project uses some available component such as JFree for
    >creating report or mysql-connector to connect to a mySQL database)... . So
    >when I want to create the file, do I have to add all of those libraries into
    >this file?

    I use Exe4j for that, which works very fine. You still need an JVM, but
    you can simple include the folder JRE as subfolder in your applications
    directory (which can be packed/installed with it).

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen
    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Nov 17, 2004