How to create a library for a Xilinx project

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
I have a project that have many files generated by Xilinx
CoreGenerator.

Now I put all those vhdl files generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator into
my project.

I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
ModelSim software.

I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.

Please help.

Thank you.

Weng

ghelbig

You have a 'gmail' address; surely you have heard of Google?

Google search for "modelsim create library". The link you want is the
2nd one.

Weng Tianxiang

Jim said:
vlib my_cores
vlog -work my_cores core0.v

HTH,
Jim
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/

Hi Wu,
I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using
ModelSim:
1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
2. Compile them without errors;
3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or
something similar;

These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work
library and there are no need to generate a separate library.

Any comments?

Thank you.

Weng

Jim Wu

I found the simplest way to create a library for a project while using
ModelSim:
1. Put all necessary *.vhd files into one proejct directory;
2. Compile them without errors;
3. Delete all *.vhd files that are generated by Xilinx CoreGenerator or
something similar;

These deleted *.vhd code are still referenced properly in the work
library and there are no need to generate a separate library.

Any comments?

Not sure what you're trying to do. If you just want to avoid
re-compiling the core libraries, you don't have to delete the source
files. What you can do is to do the compile in two steps:

vlog -f my_core_files
vlog -f my_design_files

If you make any changes to your design files, you only need to run the
second step.

Jim said:
Not sure what you're trying to do. If you just want to avoid
re-compiling the core libraries, you don't have to delete the source
files. What you can do is to do the compile in two steps:

vlog -f my_core_files
vlog -f my_design_files

If you make any changes to your design files, you only need to run the
second step.

HTH,
Jim
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwu88/tools/

Hi Jim,
Thank you.

Weng

Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
help

> > I want to put those files that never change into a library monitored by
> > ModelSim software.
> >
> > I don't know how to create a ModelSim library.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Weng

hi
i want to see you for the creation of the library on modelsim is made automatiquemnt. you compile directly your files vhdl and it will post the following message for the first compilation:" work doesn't existing do you want to cerate?" you click on ok and you have your library.
I have just worked on modelsim. now i try to synthesize with ISE (xilinx helps) but I don't know how to create the same library (work) in ISE.
pls help me
lolita

Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
it's ok

hi
i want to see you for the creation of the library on modelsim is made automatiquemnt. you compile directly your files vhdl and it will post the following message for the first compilation:" work doesn't existing do you want to cerate?" you click on ok and you have your library.
I have just worked on modelsim. now i try to synthesize with ISE (xilinx) but I don't know how to create the same library (work) in ISE.
pls help me
lolita

it is ok, I found the solution on Internet to create a library on ISE(xilinx)
good luck

lolita