how to create a pdf file in asp.net without using a third party software

reju

I have an dataset/xml file which contains data.
I want to create a pdf file after some formating.
The main point is that no third parties can be used.

Mark Rae

I have an dataset/xml file which contains data.
I want to create a pdf file after some formating.
The main point is that no third parties can be used.

There's no native support for the .PDF file format in the .NET Framework -
this has meant that there are some excellent third-party add-ins which have
sprung up to fill this gap - a couple of them are completely free...

Is there any particular reason that you can't use a 3rd-party add-in, other
than FUD...?

Aidy

I have an dataset/xml file which contains data.
I want to create a pdf file after some formating.
The main point is that no third parties can be used.

Work out how the PDF file format works and create one yourself using binary
file operations.

Guest

Visual Studio has an imbedded version of Crystal Reports in it. One of the
crystal examples show the ExportToPDF method. I use it and it works great.
The version of Crystal in Studio allows for XML as data input.

I am also interested in the SQL Server Reporting Services, but this won't
work for your XML file.

reju

Visual Studio has an imbedded version of Crystal Reports in it. One of the
crystal examples show the ExportToPDF method. I use it and it works great.
The version of Crystal in Studio allows for XML as data input.

I am also interested in the SQL Server Reporting Services, but this won't
work for your XML file.

but crystal reports have licencing problem right?

reju

There's no native support for the .PDF file format in the .NET Framework -
this has meant that there are some excellent third-party add-ins which have
sprung up to fill this gap - a couple of them are completely free...

Is there any particular reason that you can't use a 3rd-party add-in, other
than FUD...?

I can't use third pary boz client won't allow