    on my web form with out creating it 49 more times? Isn't there a simple
    way of "referring to" or "cloning" or binding each of the 50 web controls to
    the same (single dataset created by a single db query).
    Bill, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Essentially, what I have here is 50 booth table row entrees (boot ID,
    location, assigned company).

    What I really would like here is the function of an "editable" datagrid
    control (with dropdown list boxes of course) AND a "none grid" like display
    (freely displayed/placed over a floor & booth diagram).

    Is there anyway I can easily enjoy the best of both worlds? The efficiency
    of handling datasets using a datagrid kind of control and the flexibility of
    data display unrestricted to a column and row format.

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > I have a seating chart web form that has over 50 entry field controls
    > (tables/booths) where I use a DropDownList box to select a single company
    > name from a single large list of organizations (200 plus conference
    > attendees). All web form datavalues will be one of the same 200
    > organizations in this list. I would like to avoid creating 50 separate

    exact
    > copies of the same DataSet object. Can you help?
    >
    > Q. Exactly how do I use the same DataSet object in all 50 DropDownList

    boxes

    Bill, Mar 2, 2004