How to create a URL and when user clicks it to open a Excel workbook

Belinda

Hello All

I want to place a Excel workbook on the web server and create a URL
link to it and when the user clicks on it to the URL/vbscript behind
it must launch Excel on the client and open the URL linked Excel
workbook automatically.

Can you please share the code HTMl & VB script snippet that can do
this.

Thanks
Belinda

Anne Troy

Hi, Belinda. This is a machine setting (whether IE or Excel is used to open
a workbook on a website), and I don't believe that it's controllable with
VBA or any other kind of script.
<-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Web: New! www.VBAExpress.com
<-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->

Tushar Mehta

Just put the workbook on the server and on any page a link to it as you
would a link to anything else, for example, <a href="xyz.xls">Here's
the XL workbook</a> What happens next depends on the visitor. If XL
is installed on their machine and tney just click on the link, and
various file associations are set correctly, XL will indeed start up
and open the file. However, I, for one, would never click on a link
and open a workbook 'automatically.' If I decide I want to look at the
file, it would be downloaded to my computer and checked for viruses
before being opened with macros disabled.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com