How to create and submit a form programatically

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by spamfurnace, May 12, 2004.

  1. spamfurnace

    spamfurnace Guest

    Hi there on this rainy old day,

    I have some users logging into an asp.net website. The server the site sits
    on allows users to webmail through a common service/component called Horde.
    In order to log onto Horde webmail the users have to fill in 5 fields. I
    wanted to simplify things for them so they only had to click a button once
    logged into the aps.net site.

    At the moment i do this by recreating the form on my webform making all the
    fields hidden and then pumping values into each of the hidden fields
    including a screen scraped session key from Horde via the page onload event.

    It works fine but i dont like the implementation. I think its a poor hack.

    Instead i want to programmatically create the form (not include hidden form
    fields etc in the html) and attach the values for each of the fields to the
    form object and then submit it programatically to the Horde service for
    validation and logon. And if the logon was valid i also want to launch the
    webmail window into a new window (programatically please, i know about html
    _blank, etc) but if it fails i want to use my asp.net site to show the error
    message.

    This should be dead simple but i cant find the docs for it.

    TIA

    Richard
    spamfurnace, May 12, 2004