How to create Asp.Net Application with Multilingual storage with Multibackend

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bsm, Apr 19, 2007.

  1. bsm

    bsm Guest

    Hi,

    I need to develop an Asp.net Application which should support any
    backend (SQL/Oracle). Also it store Multilingual data.

    I found the Query for SQL Server as follows:
    INSERT INTO MusicAlbum (Album_ID, [Year], Name, Artist_ID, Company_ID)
    VALUES (12345, 2005, N'Abida', 4653, 403)

    For Oracle
    -------------
    INSERT INTO Employee (ENAME,EID) VALUES (UNISTR('" +
    unicode_iso8859(TextBox1.Text) + "'),'"+ TextBox2.Text +"')"

    I want to use "ENTERPRISE LIBRARY". So that I need to write a common
    query which Insert into both SQL Server/Oracle (depends upon the
    req).

    PLZ HELP.
    bsm, Apr 19, 2007

  2. bsm

    sloan Guest

    You will have to write 100% ansi 92 compliant sql statements.

    A better idea is something called the Factory Design Pattern.

    public interface IEmployeeData
    void InsertEmployee ( int empid , string lastname, string firstname )

    Then have 2 "concrete" employee data objects.

    public class EmployeeDataSqlServer : IEmployeeData

    public class EmployeeDataOracle : IEmployeeData

    See
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020611.htm

    sloan, Apr 19, 2007

  3. bsm

    bsm Guest

    Thanks for your immed help.

    This is really going to be a new one for me. Let me go through it and
    get back to you.

    bsm, Apr 24, 2007