How to create Asp.Net Application with Multilingual storage with Multibackend

bsm

Hi,

I need to develop an Asp.net Application which should support any
backend (SQL/Oracle). Also it store Multilingual data.

I found the Query for SQL Server as follows:
INSERT INTO MusicAlbum (Album_ID, [Year], Name, Artist_ID, Company_ID)
VALUES (12345, 2005, N'Abida', 4653, 403)

For Oracle
-------------
INSERT INTO Employee (ENAME,EID) VALUES (UNISTR('" +
unicode_iso8859(TextBox1.Text) + "'),'"+ TextBox2.Text +"')"

I want to use "ENTERPRISE LIBRARY". So that I need to write a common
query which Insert into both SQL Server/Oracle (depends upon the
req).

PLZ HELP.

sloan

You will have to write 100% ansi 92 compliant sql statements.

A better idea is something called the Factory Design Pattern.

public interface IEmployeeData
void InsertEmployee ( int empid , string lastname, string firstname )

Then have 2 "concrete" employee data objects.

public class EmployeeDataSqlServer : IEmployeeData

public class EmployeeDataOracle : IEmployeeData

See
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020611.htm

bsm

Thanks for your immed help.

This is really going to be a new one for me. Let me go through it and
get back to you.