How to Create Dependent Field Updation

Guest

Hi,
I'm using VS.NET 2003, SQL Server 2000, Windows xp professional;

My Question:
Some of you might seen in some websites where it requests the Country in a
dropdown. If the Country selected, it gives all States of that Country in an
another Dropdown called States. For Example if I selected my country as
England, it gives all the states in England in the States Dropdown. In this
regard, State is dependent on the Country Selected from the country dropdown.

It's been a complicated issue here to create and plan the above scenario.
However my scenario doesn't involve country and states, rather involves
Companies and stocks eventhough there is a dependency among them.

In my case, I'm maintaining Shareholder List. My Form includes, 3 dropdowns
each of them are dependent on each other. Initially there's no data/items on
dropdowns except dropdown maintainig the companies(1st Dropdown). The
scenario starts with the user selecting the company from the 1st Dropdown.
Once the Company is selected, it sorts out the securities/shares type issued
by that company in the 2nd Dropdown. And finally, selecting Security type,
the 3rd Dropdown loads all the shareholder list received so far for that
security type. And finally the user the submits to the Server for processing.

So I would like someone to help me out, on how to create this scenario,
speacially in regard with the "ispostback" method implemented. Cos I had
trouble picking the selected company and there on.

Looking forward for someones reply.

Regaards,

Hifni

Guest

Hi Hifni
first When u select item from first dropdown the property to change
autoPostBack to be true
when u select item u create a function to load second dropdowm or do what u
want
and also for the third one do that
but the most important is changing AutoPostBack to be true
hope this help