    downloaded.
    How to do it?
    Joe
    Galsaba, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Galsaba <> wrote:
    > I uploaded a doc file to my host server. Now in my HTML website I
    > want to create a hyperlink, so when the user click on it, the doc
    > file will be downloaded.
    > How to do it?

    This is a choice made by the user or the user agent and isn't something you
    can (or should) control. However, a file in .zip, .sit, .tar, or .hqx format
    is often downloaded and not opened by user agents.
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com
    Michael Wilcox, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Galsaba

    A Hess Guest

    Galsaba wrote:

    > I uploaded a doc file to my host server. Now in my HTML website I want to
    > create a hyperlink, so when the user click on it, the doc file will be
    > downloaded.
    > How to do it?
    > Joe

    It's the same as a regular link:

    But depending on how their browser is set up, it may display in the
    browser, or prompt for download.

    --
    Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of
    bastards.
    A Hess, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Galsaba

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    Galsaba said:

    > I uploaded a doc file to my host server. Now in my HTML website I want to
    > create a hyperlink,

    > so when the user click on it, the doc file will be downloaded.

    what happens when a link is clicked is determined by the visitors
    settings. if you want a download dialog to appear change *your*
    settings, don't worry what other peoples settings are.

    --
    brucie
    13/December/2003 04:18:58 pm kilo
    brucie, Dec 13, 2003