    store the data is that possible? How would the database be
    structured?

    (Using Asp.net 2.0, VB.net)

    Mel, May 7, 2008

  2. re:
    !> I want to create something like when you search for car
    !> parts the user can navigate the drill downs

    Here's a complete example you can adapt :
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/DrillDown.aspx

    re:
    !> at the top of the page is says something like this:
    !> Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500

    Are you thinking of breadcrumbs ?
    Usually an "at the top of the page" display refers to directories, not to data.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 8, 2008

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On May 7, 6:08 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > re:
    > !> I want to create something like when you search for car
    > !> parts the user can navigate the drill downs
    >
    > Here's a complete example you can adapt :http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/DrillDown.aspx
    >
    > re:
    > !> at the top of the page is says something like this:
    > !> Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500
    >
    > Are you thinking of breadcrumbs ?
    > Usually an "at the top of the page" display refers to directories, not to data.
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > ======================================
    >
    > "Mel" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > Can anyone provide any help on how I would create a drill down on a
    > > web page? I want to create something like when you search for car
    > > parts the user can navigate the drill downs and at the top of the page
    > > is says something like this:

    > > Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500

    > > What is the database behind it? I want to use an Access Database to
    > > store the data is that possible? How would the database be
    > > structured?

    > > (Using Asp.net 2.0, VB.net)

    Unfortunately the code project example is in C#, which I am not very
    familiar with at all, but that is exactly what I am looking for. I
    converted the example project with Visual Studio 2005 and when I try
    to run it an error message appears:

    "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    executable project as the startup project."

    This message makes no sense to me. What do I need to do here?

    Mel, May 8, 2008
  4. re:
    !> when I try to run it an error message appears:

    !> "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    !> directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    !> to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    !> executable project as the startup project."

    Egads! I didn't realize that example is for Windows Forms, not for Web Forms.

    I'll try to hunt down a dependent listboxes web sample I wrote some time ago.

    Juan T. Llibre, May 8, 2008
  5. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On May 8, 9:07 am, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > re:
    > !> when I try to run it an error message appears:
    >
    > !> "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    > !> directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    > !> to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    > !> executable project as the startup project."
    >
    > Egads! I didn't realize that example is for Windows Forms, not for Web Forms.
    >
    > I'll try to hunt down a dependent listboxes web sample I wrote some time ago.
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > ======================================"Mel" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > On May 7, 6:08 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    >

    > > re:
    > > !> I want to create something like when you search for car
    > > !> parts the user can navigate the drill downs

    > > Here's a complete example you can adapt :http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/DrillDown.aspx

    > > re:
    > > !> at the top of the page is says something like this:
    > > !> Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500

    > > Are you thinking of breadcrumbs ?
    > > Usually an "at the top of the page" display refers to directories, not to data.

    > > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > > ======================================

    > > "Mel" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > > Can anyone provide any help on how I would create a drill down on a
    > > > web page? I want to create something like when you search for car
    > > > parts the user can navigate the drill downs and at the top of the page
    > > > is says something like this:

    > > > Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500

    > > > What is the database behind it? I want to use an Access Database to
    > > > store the data is that possible? How would the database be
    > > > structured?

    > > > (Using Asp.net 2.0, VB.net)

    > Unfortunately the code project example is in C#, which I am not very
    > familiar with at all, but that is exactly what I am looking for. I
    > converted the example project with Visual Studio 2005 and when I try
    > to run it an error message appears:
    >
    > "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    > directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    > to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    > executable project as the startup project."
    >
    > This message makes no sense to me. What do I need to do here?

    Can anyone assist in how to do a series of drill downs on a web page?

    Mel, May 12, 2008
  6. Mel

    gerry Guest

    this was answered when you 1st posted this question : MSDN mag May/April :
    ListView

    Here I even went and looked it up for you :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/magazine/cc500643.aspx#S2

    gerry, May 12, 2008
  7. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On May 12, 3:50 pm, "gerry" <> wrote:
    > this was answered when you 1st posted this question : MSDN mag May/April :
    > ListView
    >
    > Here I even went and looked it up for you :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/magazine/cc500643.aspx#S2
    >
    > "Mel" <> wrote in message

    > On May 8, 9:07 am, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    >

    > > re:
    > > !> when I try to run it an error message appears:

    > > !> "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    > > !> directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    > > !> to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    > > !> executable project as the startup project."

    > > Egads! I didn't realize that example is for Windows Forms, not for Web
    > > Forms.

    > > I'll try to hunt down a dependent listboxes web sample I wrote some time
    > > ago.

    > > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > > ======================================"Mel" <> wrote
    > > in
    > > messagenews:...

    > > On May 7, 6:08 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:

    > > > re:
    > > > !> I want to create something like when you search for car
    > > > !> parts the user can navigate the drill downs

    > > > Here's a complete example you can adapt
    > > > :http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/DrillDown.aspx

    > > > re:
    > > > !> at the top of the page is says something like this:
    > > > !> Chevy>>2002>>Avalanche>>1500

    > > > Are you thinking of breadcrumbs ?
    > > > Usually an "at the top of the page" display refers to directories, not
    > > > to data.

    > > > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > > > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > > > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > > > ======================================

    > > > "Mel" <> wrote in
    > > > messagenews:...

    > > Unfortunately the code project example is in C#, which I am not very
    > > familiar with at all, but that is exactly what I am looking for. I
    > > converted the example project with Visual Studio 2005 and when I try
    > > to run it an error message appears:

    > > "A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started
    > > directly. In order to debug this project, add an executable project
    > > to this solution which references the library project. Set the
    > > executable project as the startup project."

    > > This message makes no sense to me. What do I need to do here?

    > Can anyone assist in how to do a series of drill downs on a web page?

    Yes sir. Thank you sir. I'll check it out and see if I can get it to
    apply to Asp.net 2.0 and VB.net.

    Mel, May 13, 2008
  8. Mel

    gerry Guest

    sorry, I missed the 2.0 part - ListView is 3.5

    if you google for "asp.net nested grid" you can find tons of 2.0- solutions
    for doing the same thing.

    gerry, May 13, 2008