how to create menu with sub menus dynamicly

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by paula, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. paula

    paula Guest

    I've got a problem with asp.net i am trying to make a menu control. and have
    searched the web for serveral controls but they don't work correctly.

    I am pretty new to asp.net building. What am i looking for. i am looking for
    code to make a dynamical menu with submenus The menu items are stored in a MS
    SQL Table and when by loading the page the items will be created. i have made
    a asp table. i want my menu on the left cell, in the middle cell i want to
    change my pages to the menu item choosen.

    This is what my page look like right now
    <asp:Table id="Table1" runat="server" Height="72px" Width="944px">
    <asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableCell>
    <asp:linkbutton id="btnLogOut" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 8px; TOP:
    8px" runat="server" Width="80px"
    Height="8px">Logout</asp:linkbutton> </asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell>
    <asp:textbox id="txtUsername" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 112px; TOP:
    8px" runat="server" Width="144px"
    Height="24px"></asp:textbox>
    </asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableCell>
    <uc1:Menu id="Menu1" runat="server"></uc1:Menu>
    </asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell>
    <uc1:messages id="Messages1" runat="server"></uc1:messages>
    </asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell>test</asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>
    </asp:Table>
    </form>

    so for an instance i want to change the messages to Sent items page how can
    i do that?
    It would be great if some one can give me some examples of making menus and
    how to change the page.
    and is it possible to do it all from the code behind?

    paula, Nov 8, 2005

  2. paula wrote:
    > I've got a problem with asp.net

    There was no way for you to know it (so don't bother apologizing), but this
    is a classic asp newsgroup.
    While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
    can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    I believe that what you want is not possible with server-side code. Dynamic
    elements must use either CSS or DHTML (client-side code).

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"