how to create menu with sub menus dynamicly

paula

I've got a problem with asp.net i am trying to make a menu control. and have
searched the web for serveral controls but they don't work correctly.

I am pretty new to asp.net building. What am i looking for. i am looking for
code to make a dynamical menu with submenus The menu items are stored in a MS
SQL Table and when by loading the page the items will be created. i have made
a asp table. i want my menu on the left cell, in the middle cell i want to
change my pages to the menu item choosen.

This is what my page look like right now
<asp:Table id="Table1" runat="server" Height="72px" Width="944px">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:linkbutton id="btnLogOut" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 8px; TOP:
8px" runat="server" Width="80px"
Height="8px">Logout</asp:linkbutton> </asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:textbox id="txtUsername" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 112px; TOP:
8px" runat="server" Width="144px"
Height="24px"></asp:textbox>
</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<uc1:Menu id="Menu1" runat="server"></uc1:Menu>
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>
<uc1:messages id="Messages1" runat="server"></uc1:messages>
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>test</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>
</form>

so for an instance i want to change the messages to Sent items page how can
i do that?
It would be great if some one can give me some examples of making menus and
how to change the page.
and is it possible to do it all from the code behind?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

paula said:
I've got a problem with asp.net

There was no way for you to know it (so don't bother apologizing), but this
is a classic asp newsgroup.
While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

I believe that what you want is not possible with server-side code. Dynamic
elements must use either CSS or DHTML (client-side code).

Bob Barrows