How to create MS Outlook message from ASP.NET?

Yash

In our application, we need to show a grid with each row having an
icon. When the user clicks on the icon, an Oulook email message
should get downloaded on the user's PC and should open if MS outlook
is installed. I believe, I'll have to do Response.Write to achieve
this. Is there any standard technique to do this?

Thanks,
Yash

Mark Rae [MVP]

Is there any standard technique to do this?

You'd be well advised not to even try...

Simply use the built-in System.Net.Mail namespace to send the user an
email - if they have Outlook installed and running, they will see a
notification message that they have received a new email which they can
click to display it in Outlook...

Tim

Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Email Link in a Grid

Yash said:
In our application, we need to show a grid with each row having an
icon. When the user clicks on the icon, an Oulook email message
should get downloaded on the user's PC and should open if MS outlook
is installed. I believe, I'll have to do Response.Write to achieve
this. Is there any standard technique to do this?

Thanks,
Yash

Just generate a hyperlink with the appropriate mailto url in your ItemDataBound event.

Tim