    Linux distributions?

    Your help will be appreciated so much!

    Ahmed
    Ahmed Moustafa, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Ahmed Moustafa

    Chris Guest

    > What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
    > Linux distributions?

    There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
    but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.
    Chris, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Chris wrote:
    >>What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
    >>Linux distributions?

    > There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
    > but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.

    install4j is not free.
    Ahmed Moustafa, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Ahmed Moustafa

    Steve Sobol Guest

    Chris wrote:
    >>What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
    >>Linux distributions?

    > There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
    > but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.

    Install4J rocks.

    You can also create an RPM by hand the same way you'd create any other RPM. See
    http://www.rpm.org/ for more details and docs.

    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
    Steve Sobol, Nov 15, 2004
  5. Ahmed Moustafa

    Alvin Beach Guest

    See below