How to create the list shown in google suggest under the text box.

Or

I am interested in code for creating the dynamic list (not the AJAX
data transffer) shown under the text box in google suggest.
Just the code for the dynamic list box.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Or said:
I am interested in code for creating the dynamic list (not the AJAX
data transffer) shown under the text box in google suggest.
Just the code for the dynamic list box.

RTSL. Read the Source, Luke.

PointedEars

rf

Or said:
I am interested in code for creating the dynamic list (not the AJAX
data transffer) shown under the text box in google suggest.
Just the code for the dynamic list box.

What is google suggest?

Are you talking about the one that is used by the browser to recall the
history of stuff typed into that particular field?

--
Cheers, Richard.
If you are reading this using google groups then also read this:

Hywel Jenkins

What is google suggest?

Are you talking about the one that is used by the browser to recall the
history of stuff typed into that particular field?

No. Google's gone & got all clever. As you type in to the search box,
client-side code goes back to the server to give you options on what you
*could* be searching for. It's a bit like predictive text entry on your
mobile 'phone.

rf

Hywel said:
No. Google's gone & got all clever. As you type in to the search box,
client-side code goes back to the server to give you options on what you
*could* be searching for. It's a bit like predictive text entry on your
mobile 'phone.

Ah. I've never seen that. Either google.au doesn't do it yet or I have
turned such stuff off in my browser.

<checks/> Nope, there is no such code in *my* google page.

<checks further/> Ah, it's an option that must be turned on in google
preferences. Well, I won't be turning that on. I pay enough for bandwidth
as it is without google doing a round trip to the server on *every*
keypress.