How to create Unicode PDF bookmarks using PDF::API2?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Bruce Horrocks, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I'm using PDF::API2 to add bookmarks to an existing PDF. It all works
    fine using outline->title($text) to name the bookmark except that any
    Unicode in $text is ignored.[1]

    What do I need to do to be able to create and display bookmarks that
    contain Unicode?

    Is there an API2 mailing list or similar that might be a better place to
    ask this question?

    Thanks in advance.

    [1] By ignored I mean, for example, that \x{2192} is displayed as two
    characters, presumably both in Latin1 or whatever it is that Reader uses
    for bookmarks by default.
    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey