how to create users with CreateUserWizard by only enterng username?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Albert, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. Albert

    Albert Guest

    Hi,

    i want to create users with the control CreateUserWizard, but by only
    entering the username. That's why i use the property RequireEmail="false".
    In the CreateUserWizard1_CreatingUser event, the emailaddress is then
    programmatically made by adding "@xxx.zz" to the username.

    But when running this, i still get the error "Please enter a valid e-mail
    address".
    How can i avoid that error and create users only with entering the username?

    Thanks for help.
    Albert

    <asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" RequireEmail="false"
    AutoGeneratePassword="true" runat="server" >
    <WizardSteps>
    <asp:CreateUserWizardStep ID="CreateUserWizardStep1"
    runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Label ID="UserNameLabel" Text="user:" runat="server"
    AssociatedControlID="UserName">
    </asp:Label>
    <asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:CreateUserWizardStep>
    <asp:CompleteWizardStep ID="CompleteWizardStep1" runat="server">
    <ContentTemplate>
    You are logged
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:CompleteWizardStep>
    </WizardSteps>
    </asp:CreateUserWizard>
    Albert, Jul 11, 2008

  2. Albert

    Munna Guest

    Munna, Jul 12, 2008

  3. Albert

    Albert Guest

    Thanks, but I have now another error, so i can better start a new thread.

    Albert, Jul 12, 2008