    functionality.

    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Tom
    Tom, Sep 24, 2004

  2. You would need to use a client scripting language like JavaScript.

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a tool that would allow me to create a web page with the
    > spreadsheet like functionality. Basically, I want to be able to type in a
    > number in the cell and have all totals being calculated automatically
    > without having a page refreshed (or a trip to the server). That would be
    > possible to do with MS Excel web plug-in but I don't want to use plug-ins.

    > want users to just access the page and don't worry if they have MS Excel

    or
    > MS plug-ins installed.
    > Is there a solution that would accomplish that? I can be written in any
    > language like ASP, JSP, DHTML, PYTHON or PHP or a third party tool. I

    really

    Peter Rilling, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Tom

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a tool that would allow me to create a web page with
    > the spreadsheet like functionality. Basically, I want to be able to
    > type in a number in the cell and have all totals being calculated
    > automatically without having a page refreshed (or a trip to the
    > server). That would be possible to do with MS Excel web plug-in but I
    > don't want to use plug-ins. I want users to just access the page and
    > don't worry if they have MS Excel or MS plug-ins installed.
    > Is there a solution that would accomplish that? I can be written in
    > any language like ASP, JSP, DHTML, PYTHON or PHP or a third party
    > tool. I really don't care. I just wont to create a page with the
    > spreadsheet like functionality.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated,
    > Tom

    Apart from DHTML all languages you specified are *server side* languages,
    and you didn't want server side functionality....

    If you don't want roundtrips, then you have to work with client-side
    javascript. (or vbscript, if you want to limit your audience to IE on
    windows)

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Sep 24, 2004