    functionality.

    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Tom

    Tom, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Tom wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for a tool that would allow me to create a web page with
    > the spreadsheet like functionality. Basically, I want to be able to
    > type in a number in the cell and have all totals being calculated
    > automatically without having a page refreshed (or a trip to the
    > server). That would be possible to do with MS Excel web plug-in but I
    > don't want to use plug-ins. I want users to just access the page and
    > don't worry if they have MS Excel or MS plug-ins installed.
    > Is there a solution that would accomplish that? I can be written in
    > any language like ASP, JSP, DHTML, PYTHON or PHP or a third party
    > tool. I really don't care. I just wont to create a page with the
    > spreadsheet like functionality.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated,
    > Tom

    There is no ASP solution for this. You will need to use DHTML in client-side
    code to do this. See a DHTML group or one of the scripting groups. You may
    want to start at the DHTML documentation at msdn.microsoft.com/library. Just
    drill down in the Web development node in the TOC.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 24, 2004