how to customise 503 pages in tomcat

Yash

Hi all,
I found that while we are updating our application, the application
is not known to tomcat, untill it is completed. So tomcat sends 503
page as resource not found. I want to know is virtual hosting is the
right way to deal with this issue.

Is it possible to customise the 503 page, so that, for any resource
not found issue, tomcat displays the customised page.
I am trying to set the page in tomcat directory itself. I have gone
through all xml files in tomcat directory, along with xml files in
other directories like conf etc. I did not find any setting for 503
pages. If you know how to set this page. please write me.
Is this solution is appropriate?

Thanks in advance

Yash

Hi all,
I found that while we are updating our application, the application
is not known to tomcat, untill it is completed. So tomcat sends 503
page as resource not found. I want to know is virtual hosting is the
right way to deal with this issue.

Is it possible to customise the 503 page, so that, for any resource
not found issue, tomcat displays the customised page.
I am trying to set the page in tomcat directory itself. I have gone
through all xml files in tomcat directory, along with xml files in
other directories like conf etc. I did not find any setting for 503
pages. If you know how to set this page. please write me.
Is this solution is appropriate?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
I have added the following code in tomcat5.5.12/conf/web.xml after
welcome file list tab

<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/error404.html</location>
</error-page>

Now when I try for a resource that is not available in my tomcat, the
result is a blank page instead of 404/- default page. That means the
code worked fine but the error404.html is not found at the right
place.
I have tried to paste the simple html file that many different folders
like in tomcat home itself, then in webapps, server, server/webapps/,
server/webapps/manager, etc. But the it always returns blank page.

For simplicity I have used single line to display the error page. the
code in error404.html is as follows:
<title> 404 resource not found </title>

This is 404 error page

Can any one please tell where am I going wrong.

Thanks

Lee

Yash said:
I have added the following code in tomcat5.5.12/conf/web.xml after
welcome file list tab

<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/error404.html</location>
</error-page>

Can any one please tell where am I going wrong.

The most obvious mistake seems to be that you're asking
questions about Tomcat configuration in a Javascript newsgroup.
You'll find better answers in an appropriate newsgroup.
At a glance, alt.apache.configuration looks like a good place.

Yash

--

Thank you very much and sorry for misplacecd query.