How to Customize Internet Explorer Menus Using JS and Any other Scripting Language

balachandar

hi,

How to Customize Internet Explorer Menus Using JS and Any other Scripting Language?

I am in need to protect my website from saving files from the file menu in IE
and Printing too.Can anyone suggest me how to do this...?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

How to Customize Internet Explorer Menus Using JS and Any other
Scripting Language?

Why only IE?
I am in need to protect my website from saving files from the file menu in IE
and Printing too.Can anyone suggest me how to do this...?

Can't be done. Just forget about it. Either accept that people can
save the page, or don't publish it.

Genarally, you can't control the client without the permission of the
user. Anything you try to do, he can chose to turn off, since the code
is running on his computer.

/L

Douglas Crockford

I am in need to protect my website from saving files from the file menu in IE
and Printing too.Can anyone suggest me how to do this...?

It is possible to supress the menubar with window.open(). Be aware, however,
that you cannot ultimately prevent saving and printing.

chirs

I saw some popup windows that do not have any menu. If you right
click the mouse, the popup menu only show the restore, max,min and
close. If you use this type of pages, the only way to save is to use
copy and paste. But how to create this kind of pages?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

I saw some popup windows that do not have any menu.

Interesting. Where did you see it?
If you right click the mouse, the popup menu only show the restore,
max,min and close.

Was this in a standard browser?
If so, which one? (since you didn't say, I'll assume it is IE).
If you use this type of pages, the only way to save is to use copy
and paste.

I bet I can be more ingenious than that. Never understimate a challenge-
deprived nerd :)
But how to create this kind of pages?

If you tell me where you saw it, I'll tell you how to do it (and I'd
like to know too).

Still, I'll bet it won't prevent a determined user from saving the
page.

/L