How to debug IIS 500 Internal Server Error?

Guest

Hi all,

I have a webservice which is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error. It seems
to be related to the signature of function (or one of the properties within
the function).

The web service compiles fine (VS.NET 2005) but when I try to access it, it
throws a 500 Internal Server Error.

I can't put ANY breakpoints anywhere since no code has been run? It seems
like .NET has problem loading up the assembly?! However, the code compiled
fine...

Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?

Thanks!

Guest

Hi all,

I have a webservice which is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error. It
seems to be related to the signature of function (or one of the
properties within the function).

The web service compiles fine (VS.NET 2005) but when I try to access
it, it throws a 500 Internal Server Error.

I can't put ANY breakpoints anywhere since no code has been run? It
seems like .NET has problem loading up the assembly?! However, the
code compiled fine...

Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?

Here is what my Event Log says:

Event code: 3006
Event message: A parser error has occurred.
Event time: 7/4/2007 5:39:16 PM
Event time (UTC): 7/4/2007 9:39:16 PM
Event ID: 8cbd67cf09854f4095d0321402a845b8
Event sequence: 4
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: 99dad5e2-11-128280587552343750
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: D:\Company\Projects\Queue Web Service\
Machine name: Computer

Process information:
Process ID: 2024
Process name: WebDev.WebServer.exe
Account name: Computer\XXXX

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpParseException
Exception message: Could not create type Company.NA.QueueAPI'.

Request information:
Request URL: http://localhost:1884/QueueAPI.asmx?disco
Request path: /QueueAPI.asmx
User host address: 127.0.0.1
User: Computer\XXXX
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: NTLM
Thread account name: Computer\XXXX

Thread information:
Thread ID: 4
Thread account name: Computer\XXXX
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetType
(String typeName)
at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetTypeToCache(Assembly
builtAssembly)
at System.Web.Compilation.SimpleHandlerBuildProvider.GetGeneratedType
(CompilerResults results)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.CreateBuildResult
(CompilerResults results)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetBuildResult
(CompilerResults results)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal
(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert
(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult
(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.WebServiceParser.GetCompiledType(String inputFile,
HttpContext context)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler
(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplic
ation.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

Guest

Hi all,

I have a webservice which is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error. It
seems to be related to the signature of function (or one of the
properties within the function).

The web service compiles fine (VS.NET 2005) but when I try to access
it, it throws a 500 Internal Server Error.

I can't put ANY breakpoints anywhere since no code has been run? It
seems like .NET has problem loading up the assembly?! However, the
code compiled fine...

Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?

Thanks!

Problem solved?

Turns out WSE was intercepting some error messages ... I think one of my
objects has a read-only property (set is set as private). It seems if you
have an input object with such a property... ASP.NET chokes. If you have
WSE enabled, it hides the error messages :-(