    fine...

    Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?

    Thanks!

    Spam Catcher, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Spam Catcher

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Spam Catcher <> wrote in
    news:Xns9963EA5413F81usenethoneypotrogers@127.0.0.1:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a webservice which is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error. It
    > seems to be related to the signature of function (or one of the
    > properties within the function).
    >
    > The web service compiles fine (VS.NET 2005) but when I try to access
    > it, it throws a 500 Internal Server Error.
    >
    > I can't put ANY breakpoints anywhere since no code has been run? It
    > seems like .NET has problem loading up the assembly?! However, the
    > code compiled fine...
    >
    > Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?

    Here is what my Event Log says:

    Event code: 3006
    Event message: A parser error has occurred.
    Event time: 7/4/2007 5:39:16 PM
    Event time (UTC): 7/4/2007 9:39:16 PM
    Event ID: 8cbd67cf09854f4095d0321402a845b8
    Event sequence: 4
    Event occurrence: 1
    Event detail code: 0

    Application information:
    Application domain: 99dad5e2-11-128280587552343750
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: D:\Company\Projects\Queue Web Service\
    Machine name: Computer

    Process information:
    Process ID: 2024
    Process name: WebDev.WebServer.exe
    Account name: Computer\XXXX

    Exception information:
    Exception type: HttpParseException
    Exception message: Could not create type Company.NA.QueueAPI'.

    Request information:
    Request URL: http://localhost:1884/QueueAPI.asmx?disco
    Request path: /QueueAPI.asmx
    User host address: 127.0.0.1
    User: Computer\XXXX
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: NTLM
    Thread account name: Computer\XXXX

    Thread information:
    Thread ID: 4
    Thread account name: Computer\XXXX
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetType
    (String typeName)
    at System.Web.UI.SimpleWebHandlerParser.GetTypeToCache(Assembly
    builtAssembly)
    at System.Web.Compilation.SimpleHandlerBuildProvider.GetGeneratedType
    (CompilerResults results)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.CreateBuildResult
    (CompilerResults results)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetBuildResult
    (CompilerResults results)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
    virtualPath)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal
    (VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
    Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert
    (HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean
    allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult
    (HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath)
    at System.Web.UI.WebServiceParser.GetCompiledType(String inputFile,
    HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler
    (HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
    useAppConfig)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplic
    ation.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously)

    Custom event details:

    Spam Catcher, Jul 5, 2007

  3. Spam Catcher

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Spam Catcher <> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a webservice which is throwing a 500 Internal Server Error. It
    > seems to be related to the signature of function (or one of the
    > properties within the function).
    >
    > The web service compiles fine (VS.NET 2005) but when I try to access
    > it, it throws a 500 Internal Server Error.
    >
    > I can't put ANY breakpoints anywhere since no code has been run? It
    > seems like .NET has problem loading up the assembly?! However, the
    > code compiled fine...
    >
    > Are there any logs I can view to see what is going on?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Problem solved?

    Turns out WSE was intercepting some error messages ... I think one of my
    objects has a read-only property (set is set as private). It seems if you
    have an input object with such a property... ASP.NET chokes. If you have
    WSE enabled, it hides the error messages :-(

    Spam Catcher, Jul 5, 2007