how to decode a 4digit key from "Key-code script by Bart Jellema"?

karteikarte

hi, i just wondered how to retrieve the 4digit key of this script?
anybody who can help?
best regards
Karteikarte

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- Key-code script by Bart Jellema
var code=0
var mul=1
var digit=0
var fails=0

function Enter_code(number)
{
code=code*10+number
mul=mul*number
doc.codepad.thecode.value=code
digit++

if (digit==4)
{
if( mul==2304 )
{
location="x/x1/solution.php?code="+code
}
else
{
fails++
code=0
mul=1
digit=0
if (fails<3)
{
if (fails==1)
{doc.codepad.thecode.value="authentication failed"}
if (fails==2)
{doc.codepad.thecode.value="authentication failed"}
}
else
{
location="/?page=x"
doc.codepad.thecode.value="access denied"
// -->
</script>

Philip Ronan

hi, i just wondered how to retrieve the 4digit key of this script?
anybody who can help?
best regards
Karteikarte

So you're trying to hack someone website? ;-)

This should be easy enough for you to work out by yourself. Although it
looks to me like there are 12 valid keys

karteikarte

Philip Ronan said:
So you're trying to hack someone website? ;-)

This should be easy enough for you to work out by yourself. Although it
looks to me like there are 12 valid keys

uhm, i dont wanna hack a page. its part of a challenge. and i just
would like to understand how to break this script.
i am not a coder or hacker. i just try to understand :)

karteikarte

McKirahan said:
karteikarte said:
hi, i just wondered how to retrieve the 4digit key of this script?
anybody who can help?
best regards
Karteikarte

[snip]

A Google on "Bart Jellema" found this link:

http://java.searchrealm.com/javaandcgi/javascripts9/KeyCodeScript.TXT

Does that help any?

Have you tried emailing the author ([email protected]) directly?

thanks for the link... i guess now the solution is one of this numbers:

4889
4898
4988
8849
8489
8498
9488
9848

:)

Philip Ronan

McKirahan said:
karteikarte said:
hi, i just wondered how to retrieve the 4digit key of this script?
anybody who can help?
best regards
Karteikarte

[snip]

A Google on "Bart Jellema" found this link:

http://java.searchrealm.com/javaandcgi/javascripts9/KeyCodeScript.TXT

Does that help any?

Have you tried emailing the author ([email protected]) directly?

thanks for the link... i guess now the solution is one of this numbers:

4889
4898
4988
8849
8489
8498
9488
9848

:)

You missed these: 8894 8948 8984 9884 6886 6868 6688 8686 8668 8866