    can't execute programs on the server directly.

    Best greetings,
    R.A.

    umberto, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Hi Umberto,

    There's a managed ZIP library and it was free this summer (not sure about
    now):

    http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

    --
    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
    X-Unity Test Studio

    "umberto" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I know that I can process txt files using ASP scrips.
    > But there is a compressed text file (with Winzip) that I want to list on

    my
    > web page. Is there possibility to decompress it on server and process

    there

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Oct 23, 2003

  3. umberto

    umberto Guest

    > There's a managed ZIP library and it was free this summer (not sure about
    > now):
    > http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/

    Thanks Dmitriy !
    I am just looking at it. There is dll file and a 'bat' file to instal it.
    The instal script uses 'gacutil' - I am not sure what it is (I am beginner),
    but hope to find out.
    Anyway I don't know if my ASP hosting provider (where I put my ASP scripts -
    I have no my own server) will let me run this install procedure.

    Best greetings,

    umberto, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Hi,

    Don't be scary of the installation - it just puts the library to the Global
    Assembly Cache to make it available to any .NET program on the computer. But
    this is not necessary - you can just put the ZIP library to the website's
    bin directory - at least it worked fine for a Windows Forms application I
    took part in.

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Oct 24, 2003
  5. umberto

    umberto Guest

    > Don't be scary of the installation - it just puts the library to the
    Global
    > Assembly Cache to make it available to any .NET program on the computer.

    But
    > this is not necessary - you can just put the ZIP library to the website's
    > bin directory - at least it worked fine for a Windows Forms application I
    > took part in.

    Thanks once more. Your info makes me happy :)
    I will try to do my plans.

    Greetings,

    umberto, Oct 24, 2003