    resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)

    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 5, 2005

  2. dorayme

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, dorayme <> said:

    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express?

    Did you try the delete key on the keyboard? o_O

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jan 5, 2005

  3. dorayme

    SpaceGirl Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am working
    > on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing and
    > resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    > leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >
    > dorayme

    You can't.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Jan 5, 2005
  4. In article <BE02B5F4.D36E%>,
    says...
    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am working
    > on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing and
    > resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    > leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)

    A bit OT? You reckon? What does the built-in help say? What about MS
    Support: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166514/en-us

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 5, 2005
  5. dorayme

    PeterL Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am
    > working on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing
    > and resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't
    > help and that leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >
    > dorayme

    Do you mean stop seeing them?? Go to the menu bar select view/current
    view/hide read messages

    PeterL
    Website
    http://leach01.co.uk

    Jordanstown Schools
    http://jord.org.uk

    PeterL, Jan 5, 2005
  6. dorayme

    Philip Ronan Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am working
    > on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing and
    > resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    > leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >
    > dorayme

    Do this bit once:
    ========================
    Tools->Rules->News

    Click "New"
    Enter a name for the rule, e.g. "Delete"

    "If" = "All messages"
    "Then" = "Do not show article"
    Uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox at the bottom (This is important!)
    ========================

    Then do this:
    ========================
    To get rid of one or more messages, select them and press Control+click to
    get the pop-up menu. Choose Apply Rule->Delete
    ========================

    --
    phil [dot] ronan @ virgin [dot] net
    http://vzone.virgin.net/phil.ronan/

    Philip Ronan, Jan 5, 2005
  7. "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express?
    > dorayme

    You should just be able to use "Ctrl--D" and that will dump the message
    "over the side" as we used to say in the Navy!!!!! It works for me!!
    Bruce .

    Richard B. \(Bruce\) Leiby, Jan 6, 2005
  8. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Mark Parnell <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:39:19 +1100
    > Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >
    > Previously in alt.html, dorayme <> said:
    >
    >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express?

    > Did you try the delete key on the keyboard? o_O
    >
    > --
    > Mark Parnell
    > http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    yes

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2005
  9. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "PeterL" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:15:31 -0000
    > Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >
    > dorayme wrote:
    >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am
    >> working on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing
    >> and resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't
    >> help and that leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >>
    >> dorayme

    > Do you mean stop seeing them?? Go to the menu bar select view/current
    > view/hide read messages
    >
    > PeterL
    > Website
    > http://leach01.co.uk
    >
    > Jordanstown Schools
    > http://jord.org.uk

    No, I mean delete. Gone from the computer. To be ex messages without any
    kind of trace, to be history, to be dead, expired, lost. To be unrecoverable
    anywhere off line, to be as dead as the parrot that John Cleese returned to
    the pet shop where he bought it. As to why I want this, I want to lighten
    the load on my machine, my OE app, its database...

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2005
  10. dorayme

    tm Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express?

    > No, I mean delete. Gone from the computer. To be ex messages without any
    > kind of trace, to be history, to be dead, expired, lost. To be unrecoverable
    > anywhere off line, to be as dead as the parrot that John Cleese returned to
    > the pet shop where he bought it. As to why I want this, I want to lighten
    > the load on my machine, my OE app, its database...

    Window>Throw> Enjoy

    tm, Jan 6, 2005
  11. dorayme

    PeterL Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    >> From: "PeterL" <>
    >> Newsgroups: alt.html
    >> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:15:31 -0000
    >> Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >>
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >>> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am
    >>> working on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing
    >>> and resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't
    >>> help and that leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >>>
    >>> dorayme

    >> Do you mean stop seeing them?? Go to the menu bar select
    >> view/current view/hide read messages
    >>
    >> PeterL

    > No, I mean delete. Gone from the computer. To be ex messages without
    > any kind of trace, to be history, to be dead, expired, lost. To be
    > unrecoverable anywhere off line, to be as dead as the parrot that
    > John Cleese returned to the pet shop where he bought it. As to why I
    > want this, I want to lighten the load on my machine, my OE app, its
    > database...

    Sorry only tried to help

    PeterL
    Website
    http://leach01.co.uk

    Jordanstown Schools
    http://jord.org.uk

    PeterL, Jan 6, 2005
  12. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Richard B. \(Bruce\) Leiby" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:21:07 -0800
    > Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express?
    >> dorayme

    > You should just be able to use "Ctrl--D" and that will dump the message
    > "over the side" as we used to say in the Navy!!!!! It works for me!!
    > Bruce .

    Please confirm that you are using a Mac, less than OS X and this works. It
    does not for me. "Should" has little to do with it, tho I appreciate your
    trying to help Bruce... In the film "Unforgiven" Gene Hackman facing the
    point blank shotgun of Clint Eastwood said something like "I'm Billy the
    House... I don't deserve this..." Clint says something like "deserve has
    nothing to do with it" and blasts him away.

    :) dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2005
  13. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Philip Ronan <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 23:55:20 +0000
    > Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >
    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am working
    >> on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing and
    >> resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    >> leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)
    >>
    >> dorayme
    >>

    > Do this bit once:
    > ========================
    > Tools->Rules->News
    >
    > Click "New"
    > Enter a name for the rule, e.g. "Delete"
    >
    > "If" = "All messages"
    > "Then" = "Do not show article"
    > Uncheck the "Enabled" checkbox at the bottom (This is important!)
    > ========================
    >
    > Then do this:
    > ========================
    > To get rid of one or more messages, select them and press Control+click to
    > get the pop-up menu. Choose Apply Rule->Delete
    > ========================
    >
    > --
    > phil [dot] ronan @ virgin [dot] net
    > http://vzone.virgin.net/phil.ronan/

    Bingo!

    Philip, please don't argue with me! You are a genius! It worked in a trial
    just now. I have wanted to know this for years. I am most impressed.

    thanks again...

    dorayme

    (I will now look at your website...)

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2005
  14. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    > From: Hywel Jenkins <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:43:21 -0000
    > Subject: Re: how to delete messages?
    >
    > In article <BE02B5F4.D36E%>,
    > says...
    >> How do I delete messages on this newsgroup from Outlook Express? Am working
    >> on a Mac and OE 5. Surely there's better than unsubscribing and
    >> resubscribing? Sorry, I know this is OT a bit but my ISP can't help and that
    >> leaves you, (I know, it's sad but there it is... :)

    > A bit OT? You reckon? What does the built-in help say? What about MS
    > Support: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166514/en-us
    >
    > --
    > Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    > I do not eat quiche.

    My Help (on OE 5) says to highlight message(s) and click the delete button.
    But thank you for the link, I will check it out... but Philip Ronan has just
    given a solution in very clear terms that worked for me in a trial.

    best wishes

    dorayme

    (btw, I have agents everywhere on the lookout for me and they have reported
    seeing you eating quiche. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I have told them
    not to take any action. Just to observe...)

    dorayme, Jan 6, 2005
  15. dorayme

    Jasmine Guest

    In Outlook right click on the alt.html folder, select properties then select
    the local folder tab, then select delete from the options available.

    Hope this helps.

    Jasmine

    --
    Trevor Buck