How to delete Rows of a GridView?

Astrith

I am a Newbie and i am scratching my head over how to delete a Row from a
GridView.

I have this GridView which has 3 fields called ID,ProjCode and
ProjDescription of which ID is the hidden field. I have also set the property
AutoGenerateDeleteButton="True".

Now as i understand, i have to write code in the GridView1_RowDataBound and
GridView1_RowDeleting METHODS to perform deletion of row. I have been
searching for long for the code but no luck.

Can sombody help me in deleting the rows of my Gridview?

Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
In the delete handler :
Code:
Private Sub DataGridEigendom_r_RowDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewDeleteEventArgs) Handles DataGridEigendom_r.RowDeleting

remove the data you want to have removed from the source you are binding to the gridview and rebind.

miladhatam

hi
it is so clear , you must push the delete buttton ... :)
you should delete that record from your db
gridview just is a control that show your records
i think you don't have any Primary Key in your Table

Bogdan

Astrith said:
I am a Newbie and i am scratching my head over how to delete a Row from a
GridView.

I have this GridView which has 3 fields called ID,ProjCode and
ProjDescription of which ID is the hidden field. I have also set the
property
AutoGenerateDeleteButton="True".

Now as i understand, i have to write code in the GridView1_RowDataBound
and
GridView1_RowDeleting METHODS to perform deletion of row. I have been
searching for long for the code but no luck.

Can sombody help me in deleting the rows of my Gridview?

Generally, deleting a row from your data source will also delete a
corresponding row from your gridview, provided that the data source is bound
to the gridview afterwards.

Binding could be 'automatic' if you have a Delete button (as you mentioned
above) and have a data source with a DeleteMethod defined in your aspx and
referenced by the gridview .

If your data source is not defined/referenced as stated above then you need
to do the deletion and rebinding 'manually' in RowDeleting event handler.

RowDataBound handler is not needed although it is quite often used to attach
a client script to the delete button so a user is prompted to confirm the
deletion.

Bogdan