How to deploy 2 web app. on 2 local servers on 1 machine w Tomcat?

Discussion in 'Java' started by zaku@freesurf.ch, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everybody,
    I have the following configuration:

    - Windows XP
    - Eclipse 3.1
    - JDK 1.4.2_09
    - Tomcat 4.1.31

    I want to deploy (and run) 2 different web applications on my machine,
    but on different local servers, let's say

    http://localhost:8080/test/index.jsp

    http://localhost:8081/test/index.jsp

    Application #1 has to connect to Application #2; for the moment, App#1
    on port 8080 should at least check if the local server on port 8081 is
    running or not.

    What or where should I configure Tomcat to make it aware that App #1
    runs on port 8080 and App #2 on port 8081?

    Thanx for your answers
    John

    , Jan 5, 2006

    escreveu:

    > Hi everybody,
    > I have the following configuration:
    >
    > - Windows XP
    > - Eclipse 3.1
    > - JDK 1.4.2_09
    > - Tomcat 4.1.31
    >
    > I want to deploy (and run) 2 different web applications on my machine,
    > but on different local servers, let's say
    >
    > http://localhost:8080/test/index.jsp
    >
    > http://localhost:8081/test/index.jsp
    >
    > Application #1 has to connect to Application #2; for the moment, App#1
    > on port 8080 should at least check if the local server on port 8081 is
    > running or not.
    >
    > What or where should I configure Tomcat to make it aware that App #1
    > runs on port 8080 and App #2 on port 8081?
    >
    > Thanx for your answers
    > John

    Hi John,
    The settings about the port Tomcat will listen are into the server.xml
    file.
    If you are using the JST/WST 1.0 (new eclipse plugin), would be very
    easy to config the ports of many servers you set to your application.

    , Jan 7, 2006