How to deploy 2 web app. on 2 local servers on 1 machine w Tomcat?

zaku

Hi everybody,
I have the following configuration:

- Windows XP
- Eclipse 3.1
- JDK 1.4.2_09
- Tomcat 4.1.31

I want to deploy (and run) 2 different web applications on my machine,
but on different local servers, let's say

http://localhost:8080/test/index.jsp

http://localhost:8081/test/index.jsp

Application #1 has to connect to Application #2; for the moment, App#1
on port 8080 should at least check if the local server on port 8081 is
running or not.

What or where should I configure Tomcat to make it aware that App #1
runs on port 8080 and App #2 on port 8081?

Thanx for your answers
John

mvincenttis

(e-mail address removed) escreveu:
Hi everybody,
I have the following configuration:

- Windows XP
- Eclipse 3.1
- JDK 1.4.2_09
- Tomcat 4.1.31

I want to deploy (and run) 2 different web applications on my machine,
but on different local servers, let's say

http://localhost:8080/test/index.jsp

http://localhost:8081/test/index.jsp

Application #1 has to connect to Application #2; for the moment, App#1
on port 8080 should at least check if the local server on port 8081 is
running or not.

What or where should I configure Tomcat to make it aware that App #1
runs on port 8080 and App #2 on port 8081?

Thanx for your answers
John

Hi John,
The settings about the port Tomcat will listen are into the server.xml
file.
If you are using the JST/WST 1.0 (new eclipse plugin), would be very
easy to config the ports of many servers you set to your application.