how to deploy a asp.net website on the webserver

jayesh fojdar

hi

how do i deploy my website having asp.net pages on the website .

will my site work by just uploading the pages or i will have to follow some
other procedure.

my web server has asp.net support.

Jalil Vaidya

It should be no different than how you do it on development machine.
Compile the project and create the dll for your project. Create the
virtual directory on your web server. Copy the project dll and its
dependencies in the bin folder. Create the folder hirearchy on the web
server that is same as your dev machine. Copy all the .aspx/.ascx files
to proper folder. I'd leave out the code behind files as they are not
needed (assuming you are using all defaults). You should be all set.

Jalil Vaidya