How-To Deploy ASP.NET App Without Source

Guest

I need to deploy a 1.1 web app without the .cs files.

I am so far unable to find out how to do this. Can anyone shed some light?

I have already tried upgrading to ASP.NET 2.0. Cost me a day. Didn't work.
Not an option at this time.

Cheers,

Jeb.

Marina Levit [MVP]

I'm not sure what you mean by how to do this. Just don't put the .cs files
on the production server.

You might want to be more specific in your question.

Guest

I need to deploy a 1.1 web app without the .cs files.

Add a web setup project to your solution, right click 'Web application
folder' select Add / Project output.
Select your project in the drop down box at the top and only add 'Primary
Output' and 'Content Files' (Also 'Localised resources' if you have satellite
assemblies set up).
The msi that's built should install only the DLL(s) and aspx files.

Mike

Compile the application. Then, copy the whole website to your webserver and
delete the actual code (.CS files)

Hope this helpds.
Mike

Juan T. Llibre

In VS 2003 (targeting ASP.NET 1.1), all you need to do is build the application.
That will create an assembly in the /bin directory.

Make sure you copy the /bin directory, and don't copy the source files (.cs or .vb).
You *do* need to copy the aspx/ascx/xml/ashx/image/text files if you use them, though.

Guest

Many, many thanks for all the responses. I thought I was on the s*** list,
but it just ain't so.