how to deploy .net 2.0 website?

Ron

Hi all,

I am new at .net 2.0 deployment so can any one recommend me a good way
or article to follow?

What I want to do is

(1)to deploy the website on the server2003 with IIS6

(2)we have a website on the web server which is running with .net 1.1
framework, can I add the new website as sub website or virtual
directory (running with .net 2.0)within the old web site? so the url
would looks like "http://old website/new site/default.aspx"

I tried to set it up like 1.1 but it didn't work. I also tried
websetup project, didn't work neither.

Thanks very much!

Ron

Guest

Hi all,

I am new at .net 2.0 deployment so can any one recommend me a good way
or article to follow?

What I want to do is

(1)to deploy the website on the server2003 with IIS6

(2)we have a website on the web server which is running with .net 1.1
framework, can I add the new website as sub website or virtual
directory (running with .net 2.0)within the old web site? so the url
would looks like "http://oldwebsite/new site/default.aspx"

I tried to set it up like 1.1 but it didn't work. I also tried
websetup project, didn't work neither.

Thanks very much!

Ron

1) create a website on IIS and copy all *.aspx/ascx, web.config and a /
bin

http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/iis6/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=deploy+the+website+on+the+server2003+with+IIS6+

2) In IIS, goto website, choose directory, right click, Properties.
Create an application in Application Settings area

In ASP.NET tab change version to 2.0

coolCoder

Hi all,

I am new at .net 2.0 deployment so can any one recommend me a good way
or article to follow?

What I want to do is

(1)to deploy the website on the server2003 with IIS6

(2)we have a website on the web server which is running with .net 1.1
framework, can I add the new website as sub website or virtual
directory (running with .net 2.0)within the old web site? so the url
would looks like "http://oldwebsite/new site/default.aspx"

I tried to set it up like 1.1 but it didn't work. I also tried
websetup project, didn't work neither.

Thanks very much!

Ron

Hi Ron,
You will need to add a "Deployment Project" to your web site solution.
Then, first of all, publish your website to some local folder other
than the original folder ( I Guess, it might be under the Inetpub
folder )
Once you publish your website, you can browse the folder structure
there.
Now create all the folders under the published directory into your
Deployment projects "File System View".
Once done with the folders, add your ASPX pages, scripts, CSS and
ofcourse the dll's to there respective folders, using the add file
option on the context menu. Please make sure that you copy the config
and other xml files too. This makes the web site updatable and you can
change some html content even after deployment.
Once all the files and folders are in place, you are ready to build
the executable of the setup. For this, just build the deployment
project.

Finally, you will find the setup exe under the Debug / Release folder
under your deployment projects directory. This debug / release folder,
depends upon your solutions configurations, whether it is in Debug
mode or Release mode.

PS: Also dont forget to add your images, if any, at the proper
hierarchy, otherwise they wont be available. Also before deploying it,
please test the executable on some other machine / virtual directory,
to see whether it is working or not.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
coolCoder.

coolCoder

[...]

I forgot to add that, if you are trying to deploy web sites with
different framework versions on same IIS, make sure that there
application pools are different, other wise it wont work.

Guest

Hey Alexey,

Thanks for your information.I tried it but on the asp.net tab the IIS
doesn't allow me to change the version. since the whole website is
with version 1.1, i am wondering if i can set up a folder running with
different version. Any idea?

Cheers,
Ron

You should create an application (Virtual Directory Tab, Application
Settings)