    But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
    Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?

    William

    William, Oct 18, 2004

  2. William

    Ann Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am going to design a datbase interface module for a complex
    > algorithm by using Java.
    > But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
    > Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?
    >
    > William

    As far as I know databases don't have algorithms beyond the
    simple ones that are built in suchas SUM. What do you want
    to store in the database, the arguments to your alg plus the answer?

    Ann, Oct 19, 2004

  3. William wrote:
    > I am going to design a datbase interface module for a complex
    > algorithm by using Java.
    > But I do not have the conceptual idea what to do.
    > Anyone can provide a little bit hint for me?

    I assume they have tutors at Acadia University. Ask one.

    You could also have a look at
    http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Oct 19, 2004