    http://bit.ly/NCNhvt

    Thanks,
    Arun

    deostroll, Jul 9, 2012

  2. deostroll

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Re: How to design a web application where the authentication mechanismis pluggable?

    On 7/9/2012 12:25 PM, deostroll wrote:
    > I mean to say that the site can support any kind of authentication
    > mechanism. Either forms/windows/any other kind. How must we design an
    > application like this?
    >
    > This is actually a question I have shared on stackoverflow >>
    > http://bit.ly/NCNhvt

    That feature is built in to ASP.NET!

    You design the app to use the member ship functionality.

    The end user can specify any including his own
    member ship provider in web.config.

    OK - it does require some coding to write a
    member ship provider, but ASP.NET comes with
    a few to chose from for those that do not want that.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 31, 2012