How to detect a software has been setup safely?

madmanahong

How to detect a software has been setup safely?

First, I think to do it throught registry, I can read from registry if
exist a key to detect.

but it's not safely...IE popup a tip. ( XP SP2 )

I want to find a safe way..not popup safe tip..

by the way, the software is developed myself.

thank you.

RobG

How to detect a software has been setup safely?

Impossible to do reliably using JavaScript, if at all.

First, I think to do it throught registry, I can read from registry if
exist a key to detect.

Impossible to do reliably using JavaScript - even supposing that the
client environment understands the concept of a registery.

but it's not safely...IE popup a tip. ( XP SP2 )

And you detect that how? What if the user isn't using "XP SP2"?

I want to find a safe way..not popup safe tip..

Impossible (using JavaScript).

by the way, the software is developed myself.

Ah, now *that* is possible, but irrelevant! :)

thank you.

You're welcome.