How to detect and recognize an error returned by Stored Procedures on SQL Server.

ab

In my ASP page I'm calling a Stored Procedure on my SQL Server. No
problem. But I want to check if my SP returned an error (and what kind
of error) instead of the required result.
To call the SP I'm using the code on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q164485

All hints are appreciated.

Gozirra

No try-catch available in vbscript (I don't think). Any errors thrown
from SQL Server should bubble up to your code without any special work
from you.

However, if you don't have an "on error goto somelabel" then your code
will try to continue until it finally hits a fatal error. Now my ASP
is a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure thats how it works. Hope this
helps.