How to detect if cookies are turned on or not?

ozgan

Using ASP.NET 2.0, how can I determine if the user has cookies turned on or
not? I know how to use the Request object to check if the browser accepts
cookies or not. But, this is not what I need. I need to know if the user
has their system set up to block/reject cookies.

Is there an easy way in ASP.NET 2.0 to do this?

I've tried adding a cookie to the cookies collection, redirecting to another
page, and seeing if I can read that cookie, but this doesn't seem to work.
Even if I have cookies blocked, the cookie always gets set and, thus, read
on the next page.