    using jboss if that matters.

    Any advice on how something like this works?

    Any help much appreciated.
    Willian Irving Zumwalt, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Willian Irving Zumwalt

    Oscar kind Guest

    Willian Irving Zumwalt <> wrote:
    > I'd like to know how to detect if a web application has been deployed
    > from my main web application and if so, have another tab in my main
    > web application appear for the newly installed web app. BTW - I'm
    > using jboss if that matters.
    >
    > Any advice on how something like this works?

    A web application has a context root. You can check if it exists / is
    deployed by performing a HTTP GET request on it.

    Now, if you meant "I want to detect any newly installed web application",
    you're out of luck: this is highly specific to the application server
    you're using. Maybe your application server supports getting a list of
    running web applications, maybe not.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Sep 26, 2004