How to detect page post back in HttpModule?

Hardy Wang

Hi,
I have a HttpModule in my ASP.NET application, in AuthorizeRequest event, I
want to detect if page is posted back. Is there a way?

using System;
using System.Web;

namespace MyModule {
/// <summary>
/// Summary description for PermissionChecker.
/// </summary>
public class PermissionChecker : IHttpModule {
// The stored application
private HttpApplication myApp;

public PermissionChecker() {
}

public void Init(HttpApplication app) {
// Store off the application object
myApp = app;
// Wire up our event handlers
myApp.AuthorizeRequest += new EventHandler(myApp_AuthorizeRequest);
}

public void Dispose() {
}

private void myApp_AuthorizeRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) {
// I NEED TO DETECT POST BACK, IF SO I DON'T WANT TO RUN AGAIN

int userID;
if (myApp.Context.User.Identity.Name.Length > 0) {
userID = Convert.ToInt32(myApp.Context.User.Identity.Name);
} else {
userID = 0;
}
string url = myApp.Request.Url.AbsolutePath;

WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com
ICQ: 3359839
yours Hardy

Patrice

Perhaps by testing the REQUEST_METHOD server variable ? A postback is likely
always a POST while you'll have a GET in other cases ?

That said I'm not sure it's the right approach (POSTs would be always
considered as authenticated ?)

Patrice

matt

You could also check if the referrer is the same as the requested page
by using the HTTP_REFERER server variable, that in combination with the
REQUEST_METHOD being a POST should confirm that the page is a postback.

Matt
http://www.3internet.co.uk