How to detect sizeof upload in order to show status of browser file upload?

Heather Fraser

I'm sure that most people have used websites which allow a file to be
uploaded and which have a pop-up window (HTML) which shows the status
as the file is uploaded. eg. 10%, 20%, 30% to completion. This is
very convenient if the user is uploading a large file (eg 40MB) since
it provides constant feedback to the user and lets him or her know
that the browser is not hanging and is in fact still uploading.

Does anybody know how to do this in JSP or servlets ? I am currently
using the O'Reilly servlet collection but it does not have this
capability.

Thank you very much in advance

Heather