    the image (when the image is not found, or if the browser is not
    displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect that? or should I?
    , Jul 3, 2006

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 03 jul 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Normally I would do something like
    > if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
    > end if
    >
    > But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text' instead of
    > the image (when the image is not found, or if the browser is not
    > displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect that? or should I?

    You should not.

    butt.x and butt.y values are submitted anyway. [IE6]

    Not an ASP issue, methinks.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jul 3, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Normally I would do something like
    > if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
    > end if
    >
    > But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text'
    > instead of the image (when the image is not found, or if the
    > browser is not displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect
    > that? or should I?

    Unless you actually need the x-coordinate upon which the click occurs, why
    not just examine Request.Form("submitbutton.x").Count ?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jul 3, 2006

    Dave Anderson wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Normally I would do something like
    > > if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
    > > end if
    > >
    > > But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text'
    > > instead of the image (when the image is not found, or if the
    > > browser is not displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect
    > > that? or should I?

    > Unless you actually need the x-coordinate upon which the click occurs, why
    > not just examine Request.Form("submitbutton.x").Count ?

    Oh, never used that before. so if the post is
    'whatever.asp?submitbutton.x=&submitbutton.y=' ... It'll return
    something?
    Thanks I'll try that, guess I should use that form instead of the 'if
    request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then' that I've been using all
    this time
    , Jul 5, 2006