how to detect submit on input type=image if no image found

wolfing1

Normally I would do something like
if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
end if

But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text' instead of
the image (when the image is not found, or if the browser is not
displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect that? or should I?

Evertjan.

wrote on 03 jul 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Normally I would do something like
if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
end if

But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text' instead of
the image (when the image is not found, or if the browser is not
displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect that? or should I?

You should not.

butt.x and butt.y values are submitted anyway. [IE6]

Not an ASP issue, methinks.

Dave Anderson

Normally I would do something like
if request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then
end if

But I found a problem when the browser uses the 'alt text'
instead of the image (when the image is not found, or if the
browser is not displaying graphics, etc. How do you detect
that? or should I?

Unless you actually need the x-coordinate upon which the click occurs, why
not just examine Request.Form("submitbutton.x").Count ?

wolfing1

Dave said:
Unless you actually need the x-coordinate upon which the click occurs, why
not just examine Request.Form("submitbutton.x").Count ?
Oh, never used that before. so if the post is
'whatever.asp?submitbutton.x=&submitbutton.y=' ... It'll return
something?
Thanks I'll try that, guess I should use that form instead of the 'if
request.form("submitbutton.x") <> "" then' that I've been using all
this time