    display an alert with the conflicting times and suggest the next available
    startTime.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    Targa, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Targa

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:33:31 -0600, "Targa"
    <> wrote:

    >I built a simple scheduling application using an access db.
    >
    >The relevent fields are eventRoom, startDate, startTime and endTime.
    >
    >When I go to add a new event, what method can I use to make sure the
    >eventRoom is available for the selected date and time slot? Id like to just
    >display an alert with the conflicting times and suggest the next available
    >startTime.

    Don't know your table structure, but a query for the date/time to see
    what's there could be tested to see if any data exists, then an error
    displayed showing the conflict.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Targa

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Why not display a calendar of sorts, so users see straight away what is
    available, instead of via trial and error

    And you mean what SQL statement you should use?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 16, 2004