how to determine were i want to write

Discussion in 'HTML' started by RBB, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. RBB

    RBB Guest

    hello
    exuse me for this simple cuestion,
    i am really a begginer, and there is something
    that drives me crazy, and i know must be something very
    easy.

    in dreamweave when i open html file or a new one,
    many times i want to write (i mean text) in a determined
    position, were ever i want, but the cursor (when i click the page)
    goes to the upper left corner and if i want to write more to the
    right or wereever i cant place it there, the space bar does not
    help me (i already post about space bar, and i know it wont work)
    so then how i can place the cursor were i want?

    please answer me veru simple, i am completely new with
    html editing
    thanks
    richard

    --
    http://www.telefonica.net/web2/burch
    RBB, Apr 1, 2005

  2. "RBB" <> wrote in message
    hello
    exuse me for this simple cuestion,
    i am really a begginer, and there is something
    that drives me crazy, and i know must be something very
    easy.

    in dreamweave when i open html file or a new one,
    many times i want to write (i mean text) in a determined
    position, were ever i want, but the cursor (when i click the page)
    goes to the upper left corner and if i want to write more to the
    right or wereever i cant place it there, the space bar does not
    help me (i already post about space bar, and i know it wont work)
    so then how i can place the cursor were i want?

    please answer me veru simple, i am completely new with
    html editing
    thanks
    richard

    --
    http://www.telefonica.net/web2/burch

    ===
    Hi

    You need to read up on tables as these will give you lots of flexibility
    regarding positioning of content. Dreamweaver has built-in help which should
    be a start for you.

    Regards,

    Paul Woodward
    Paul Woodward, Apr 1, 2005

  3. RBB

    RBB Guest

    thankyou, i see with tables i can do it much better,
    but one thing, how to move the table?
    i press there and the move cursor shows up, but
    then i drag it but does not move, it just makes me another
    table..

    sorry but for the moment i dont find this in the help

    RBB, Apr 1, 2005
  4. RBB

    Joker7 Guest

    :
    : sorry but for the moment i dont find this in the
    help

    free web page templates

    Put this into google ( free web page templates )
    and find a template you like the look of and work
    with that.!

    Chris
    Joker7, Apr 2, 2005
  5. RBB

    RBB Guest

    thanks a lot, i think it will be a very good way to
    go learning

    RBB, Apr 3, 2005
  6. RBB

    Andy Jacobs Guest

    On 1/4/05 11:47 am, in article -privat.org, "RBB"
    <> wrote:

    > hello
    > exuse me for this simple cuestion,
    > i am really a begginer, and there is something
    > that drives me crazy, and i know must be something very
    > easy.
    >
    > in dreamweave when i open html file or a new one,
    > many times i want to write (i mean text) in a determined
    > position, were ever i want, but the cursor (when i click the page)
    > goes to the upper left corner and if i want to write more to the
    > right or wereever i cant place it there, the space bar does not
    > help me (i already post about space bar, and i know it wont work)
    > so then how i can place the cursor were i want?
    >
    > please answer me veru simple, i am completely new with
    > html editing
    > thanks
    > richard

    In simple terms, you can't do it! Dreamweaver is not that sort of WYSIWYG
    editor. Everything in HTML has to have a container. Whether it's something
    as simple as <p>Hello World</p> or more complex such as divs, it all needs a
    container to hold it.

    You're best bet is going to be to get to grips with CSS for positioning.
    You could use tables but it's not best practice. If you're new then learn
    CSS from the start, it's the only way forward in my opinion.

    If you want to see CSS positioning taken to it's most incredible extreme,
    have a look at:

    www.csszengarden.com

    To appreciate it fully, you'll have to get a browser that allows you to turn
    CSS off - Firefox or Opera. Look at all the different designs and then go
    back and look with CSS turned off. The HTML for every page is identical.
    It's only the CSS that makes the difference.

    Andy Jacobs, Apr 28, 2005