how to determine were i want to write

RBB

hello
exuse me for this simple cuestion,
i am really a begginer, and there is something
that drives me crazy, and i know must be something very
easy.

in dreamweave when i open html file or a new one,
many times i want to write (i mean text) in a determined
position, were ever i want, but the cursor (when i click the page)
goes to the upper left corner and if i want to write more to the
right or wereever i cant place it there, the space bar does not
help me (i already post about space bar, and i know it wont work)
so then how i can place the cursor were i want?

please answer me veru simple, i am completely new with
html editing
thanks
richard

Paul Woodward

--
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/burch

===
Hi

You need to read up on tables as these will give you lots of flexibility
regarding positioning of content. Dreamweaver has built-in help which should
be a start for you.

Regards,

Paul Woodward

RBB

thankyou, i see with tables i can do it much better,
but one thing, how to move the table?
i press there and the move cursor shows up, but
then i drag it but does not move, it just makes me another
table..

sorry but for the moment i dont find this in the help

Joker7

:
: sorry but for the moment i dont find this in the
help

free web page templates

Put this into google ( free web page templates )
and find a template you like the look of and work
with that.!

Chris

Andy Jacobs

hello
exuse me for this simple cuestion,
i am really a begginer, and there is something
that drives me crazy, and i know must be something very
easy.

in dreamweave when i open html file or a new one,
many times i want to write (i mean text) in a determined
position, were ever i want, but the cursor (when i click the page)
goes to the upper left corner and if i want to write more to the
right or wereever i cant place it there, the space bar does not
help me (i already post about space bar, and i know it wont work)
so then how i can place the cursor were i want?

please answer me veru simple, i am completely new with
html editing
thanks
richard

In simple terms, you can't do it! Dreamweaver is not that sort of WYSIWYG
editor. Everything in HTML has to have a container. Whether it's something
as simple as <p>Hello World</p> or more complex such as divs, it all needs a
container to hold it.

You're best bet is going to be to get to grips with CSS for positioning.
You could use tables but it's not best practice. If you're new then learn
CSS from the start, it's the only way forward in my opinion.

If you want to see CSS positioning taken to it's most incredible extreme,
have a look at:

www.csszengarden.com

To appreciate it fully, you'll have to get a browser that allows you to turn
CSS off - Firefox or Opera. Look at all the different designs and then go
back and look with CSS turned off. The HTML for every page is identical.
It's only the CSS that makes the difference.