    sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is .

    Regards,
    Bobo
    bobo, Mar 1, 2006

  2. bobo wrote:
    > Hello, I have a window based java application. I like to add a new
    > feature, base on a plug-in concept. The ability to add new
    > functionality as a plugin to the existing core application is the goal.
    > Anybody know of any general best practice? I'm open for any
    > sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is .
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bobo

    Take a look at beanshell (http://www.beanshell.org/), it pretty much
    gives you the functionality you're looking for.

    --
    TechBookReport Java http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html
    TechBookReport, Mar 1, 2006

  3. bobo wrote:
    > Hello, I have a window based java application. I like to add a new
    > feature, base on a plug-in concept. The ability to add new
    > functionality as a plugin to the existing core application is the goal.
    > Anybody know of any general best practice? I'm open for any
    > sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is .

    You could also have a look at the chapter in the book
    "java server based programming" by Ted Neward, it contains a chapter
    about creating plugins in java. It might give you some answers.

    /tom
    tom fredriksen, Mar 1, 2006