How to diagnose connection pool exhaustion?

Simon Devlin

Hi,

I think I have a connection pool issue. Google and MSDN have stuff to say
on the matter, but not much on how to determine if that's the case :-(

A query that returns quickly from the SQL Server Query Analyzer timesout
when called from vb-based asp.net pages (doesn't matter if they're
storedproc or commandtext). I've tried to force a new connection by
amending the connection string properties - but to be honest, I can't be
sure that it's not trying to use the original pool.

It's one query in particular that is causing the problem but I've tried
increasing the connection pool to no effect (even just to prove, not fix the
issue).

Any ideas? Please?

Thanks

Simon