How to disable a menu item in browser

Nemo

Hello Guys,
Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in the
Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript. Thanks.
Nemo

Nemo

Then how they do that becasue I have seen this, is there another way or
another script like VB?

RC

Nemo said:
Hello Guys,
Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in the
Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript. Thanks.
Nemo

No, you can't remove a menu item from a menu.
But you can eliminate the all menu.
Try

window.open("yourFile.html", "targetNewWindow",
"toolbar=no,location=0,directory=no,status=no,menubar=0,scrollbars=no,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width=200,height=200");

Randy Webb

RC said the following on 8/17/2006 8:53 AM:
No, you can't remove a menu item from a menu.
But you can eliminate the all menu.
Try

And then wonder why it doesn't remove the toolbars?
window.open("yourFile.html", "targetNewWindow",
"toolbar=no,location=0,directory=no,status=no,menubar=0,scrollbars=no,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width=200,height=200");

Control-N

RC

Randy said:
And then wonder why it doesn't remove the toolbars?

Then try

"toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width=500,height=200"

It works for me in FF, NS and IE.

Randy Webb

RC said the following on 8/17/2006 9:55 AM:
Then try

"toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width=500,height=200"

It works for me in FF, NS and IE.

Try it in IE7.
Try it in Opera.
Try it in FF with the user.js file edited:

user_pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.toolbar", true);

Nemo

David,
I'll try to find it, I have seen a webpage that when I tried to save using
"Save as ...", the menu was disabled, I do not remember if they opened a new
window.
Regards