    Will it be able to change,that all these texts show in the same size in IE
    6?

    Thanks in advance!
    bim_bom, Aug 19, 2006

  2. bim_bom

    bim_bom Guest

    U¿ytkownik "bim_bom" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Hi,
    > I have a HTML file with text with different font sizes, colors, etc. -
    > just a normal html file.
    >
    > Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that all the
    > later texts are shown in the same size?
    >
    > For example I have code:
    > <h1>AAA</h1>
    > <h2>BBB</h2>
    >
    > Will it be able to change,that all these texts show in the same size in IE
    > 6?

    I created something like this:

    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">

    H1 { font-size: 12px }
    H2 { font-size: 12px }
    H3 { font-size: 12px }

    FONT { font-size:12px;}

    </STYLE>

    It works quite well :)
    bim_bom, Aug 19, 2006

  3. On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:17:56 +0100, bim_bom wrote
    (in article <ec6s17$mh3$>):

    > U¿ytkownik "bim_bom" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a HTML file with text with different font sizes, colors, etc. -
    >> just a normal html file.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that all the
    >> later texts are shown in the same size?
    >>
    >> For example I have code:
    >> <h1>AAA</h1>
    >> <h2>BBB</h2>
    >>
    >> Will it be able to change,that all these texts show in the same size in IE
    >> 6?

    > I created something like this:
    >
    > <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    >
    > H1 { font-size: 12px }
    > H2 { font-size: 12px }
    > H3 { font-size: 12px }
    >
    > FONT { font-size:12px;}
    >
    > </STYLE>
    >
    > It works quite well :)

    I'm not sure why you would want h1, h2 and h3 all the same size. Don't you
    want to differentiate between them? Even so, better to use percent for font
    sizes than px; that way your font size will change in proportion to the font
    size chosen by the user, whatever the browser.
    If you *do* want them the same, this would be better:

    body {font-size: 100%;}
    h1, h2, h3 {font-size: 120%} (flavour to suit)

    or for example:
    body {font-size: 100%;}
    h1 {font-size: 140%;}
    h2 {font-size: 130%;}
    h3 {font-size: 120%;}

    --
    Sally in Shropshire, UK
    http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk
    Sally Thompson, Aug 19, 2006
  4. bim_bom <> scripsit:

    >> Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that
    >> all the later texts are shown in the same size?

    The correct answer is "No".

    (A longer version: "No, there isn't, but can do quite some damage trying to
    do it.")

    > H1 { font-size: 12px }

    - -
    > It works quite well :)

    For some odd values of "works" and "well".

    It makes viewing the page difficult to those of users who find your text
    size too small but have not yet learned how to override such settings. Of
    course, most of them will be just mildly inconvenienced and go elsewhere.
    (Those users who cannot read 12px text at all have naturally found a way to
    defeat authors' attempts to force such sizes.)

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 19, 2006
  5. bim_bom

    Nije Nego Guest

    On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:17:56 +0200, bim_bom wrote:

    > FONT { font-size:12px;}
    >
    > </STYLE>
    >
    > It works quite well :)

    Fixed fonts do not work well.

    --
    buy, bought, bye
    Nije Nego, Aug 19, 2006
  6. bim_bom

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "bim_bom" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > U¿ytkownik "bim_bom" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a HTML file with text with different font sizes, colors, etc.
    >> - just a normal html file.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that all
    >> the later texts are shown in the same size?
    >>
    >> For example I have code:
    >> <h1>AAA</h1>
    >> <h2>BBB</h2>
    >>
    >> Will it be able to change,that all these texts show in the same size
    >> in IE 6?

    > I created something like this:
    >
    > <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    >
    > H1 { font-size: 12px }
    > H2 { font-size: 12px }
    > H3 { font-size: 12px }
    >
    > FONT { font-size:12px;}
    >
    > </STYLE>
    >
    > It works quite well :)

    Sounds like you have a flawed design. It may look good to you,
    aesthetically speaking, but vomit can look like modern art, too.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, Aug 19, 2006
  7. bim_bom

    bim_bom Guest

    U¿ytkownik "Neredbojias" <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
    napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > To further the education of mankind, "bim_bom" <>
    > vouchsafed:
    >

    >> U¿ytkownik "bim_bom" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have a HTML file with text with different font sizes, colors, etc.
    >>> - just a normal html file.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that all
    >>> the later texts are shown in the same size?
    >>>
    >>> For example I have code:
    >>> <h1>AAA</h1>
    >>> <h2>BBB</h2>
    >>>
    >>> Will it be able to change,that all these texts show in the same size
    >>> in IE 6?

    >> I created something like this:
    >>
    >> <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    >>
    >> H1 { font-size: 12px }
    >> H2 { font-size: 12px }
    >> H3 { font-size: 12px }
    >>
    >> FONT { font-size:12px;}
    >>
    >> </STYLE>
    >>
    >> It works quite well :)

    > Sounds like you have a flawed design. It may look good to you,
    > aesthetically speaking, but vomit can look like modern art, too.

    Oh, I understand, that you don't like my idea :)
    But I don't want to make standard-sized-fonts internet sites - I want it for
    much different purposes :)
    bim_bom, Aug 20, 2006
  8. bim_bom

    Andy Dingley Guest

    bim_bom wrote:

    > I have a HTML file with text with different font sizes, colors, etc. - just
    > a normal html file.

    That's not a "normal" HTML file. That's an obsolete HTML file, coded
    according to 10 year old practice. A better approach would be to set
    these font settings etc. through CSS - this can give you global control
    of a site from one place, and also much better and easier control of
    presentation settings.

    > Is there a way to add some code at the beginnng of the file, that all the
    > later texts are shown in the same size?

    Yes, you can add some CSS. The rendering rules are that a presentation
    setting expressed in CSS over-rides one expressed in HTML. This is
    doubly good - you can ignore the <font> etc. by setting the CSS, and
    you can also start refactoring your site and moving your presentation
    control to CSS.

    This appears to be what you're achieving already. Couple of comments
    I'd make though:

    * Place the CSS in an external stylesheet, shared by all pages, rather
    than on each page.

    * Don't use pixels for text sizing (an old FAQ - just search the
    group)

    * Don't make all the headers the same size - otherwise how can you
    tell them apart?

    * Look at the "Default CSS stylesheet" that's an appendix to either
    the CSS or the HTML spec on the W3C site. That suggests good defautl
    CSS settings to use for header sizes.
    Andy Dingley, Aug 21, 2006