How to disable debugger-related warnings!?!

Jason Heyes

Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?

warning C4786:
'std::_Tree said:
,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<cha
r> > const
,int,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator
::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocat
or<char> > >,std::allocator<int> >' : identifier was
truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

Chris Theis

Jason Heyes said:
Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?

warning C4786: [SNIP]>
How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

This is a compiler specific question and has nothing to do with standard
C++. Anyway, checking out the help on #pragma you will find something like
this:

#pragma warning( disable : 4507 34; once : 4385; error : 164 )
which I think is self-explanatory.

Regards
Chris

puppet_sock

Jason Heyes said:
How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

We don't speak that around here. You will need to ask about compiler
specific stuff in a news group related to it.

You could try the microsoft.public.vc.* news groups, available
at www.google.com. Or you could try one of the news groups with
windows or dos in the name. And if you do a search on the topic
at google, I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer.
Socks

Gene Wirchenko

Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?

warning C4786: [snipped compiler blah blah]
truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

Just use one at the beginning. I use:
#pragma warning(disable:4786)
// Suppress warning about lengthy name generated.

I do not think that there is a Standard way of disabling such
messages. It would seem to be very implementation-defined.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko