How to disable debugger-related warnings!?!

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jason Heyes, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Jason Heyes

    Jason Heyes Guest

    Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?

    warning C4786:
    'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<cha
    r>
    >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<cha

    r> > const
    ,int>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::al
    locator<char>
    >,int,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator

    <char> > >,std::allocator<int>
    >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocat

    or<char> > >,std::allocator<int> >' : identifier was
    truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

    How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
    using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.
    Jason Heyes, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Jason Heyes

    Chris Theis Guest

    [OT] Re: How to disable debugger-related warnings!?!

    "Jason Heyes" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?
    >
    > warning C4786:

    [SNIP]>
    > How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I

    am
    > using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

    This is a compiler specific question and has nothing to do with standard
    C++. Anyway, checking out the help on #pragma you will find something like
    this:

    #pragma warning( disable : 4507 34; once : 4385; error : 164 )
    which I think is self-explanatory.

    Regards
    Chris
    Chris Theis, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Jason Heyes

    Guest

    "Jason Heyes" <> wrote in message news:<3fd57acd$0$1022$>...
    [parsnips]
    > How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
    > using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

    We don't speak that around here. You will need to ask about compiler
    specific stuff in a news group related to it.

    You could try the microsoft.public.vc.* news groups, available
    at www.google.com. Or you could try one of the news groups with
    windows or dos in the name. And if you do a search on the topic
    at google, I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer.
    Socks
    , Dec 9, 2003
  4. On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:33:33 +1100, "Jason Heyes"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone debugger-related warnings like this one?
    >
    >warning C4786:

    [snipped compiler blah blah]
    > truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
    >
    >How do I disable it without littering my code with #pragma directives? I am
    >using VC++ 6.0. Thanks.

    Just use one at the beginning. I use:
    #pragma warning(disable:4786)
    // Suppress warning about lengthy name generated.

    I do not think that there is a Standard way of disabling such
    messages. It would seem to be very implementation-defined.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, Dec 9, 2003