How to disable dos shell window popup for os.system call

Peter Gordon

When I try to execute another program, the dos command shell window
pops up with the application. For example:
os.system("notepad") brings up the notepad but I also get the command
shell window. How do I prevent command shell window to open?

BW Glitch

Peter said:
When I try to execute another program, the dos command shell window
pops up with the application. For example:
os.system("notepad") brings up the notepad but I also get the command
shell window. How do I prevent command shell window to open?

You can use the Win32 extensions by Mark Hammond, as well as one of the
os.popen (iirc, it's os.popen2). os.system is doing what it is expected,
btw.

--
Glitch

http://andres980.tripod.com/

Nobody wins a war -- somebody loses.
-- Grears (G1)

Michael Geary

Peter said:
When I try to execute another program, the dos command shell
window pops up with the application. For example:
os.system("notepad") brings up the notepad but I also get the
command shell window. How do I prevent command shell
window to open?

Wow, this seems to be the question of the week! (Third time in three days.)

Use os.startfile.

-Mike