How to disable/modify the default test pages for asmx web services?

Maxwell2006

Hi,

When I run a web service project, ASP.NET shows me a default web method
invoke page.

How can I disable/modify the default test (or method invoke) page of the
ASP.NET web services?

Thank you,

Max

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

Welcome to the MSDN newsgroup.

As for the ASP.NET webservice's default test/invoke page, it is used for us
to call the webservice through http get/post method which is very simple.
If you do not want to expose these interfaces, you can use the following
configuration element to disable them(assume that you're using asp.net 2.0):

=========================
<webServices>
<protocols >
<remove name="HttpGet"/>
<remove name="HttpPost"/>
<remove name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>

</protocols>
=====================

Also, we can also replace the default webservice description helper page
with ourown page through the below element:

#<wsdlHelpGenerator> Element
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ycx1yf7k(VS.80).aspx

In addition ,here is a msdn article describe the common configuration
options for ASP.NET webservice:

#Configuration Options for XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET
l/cpconConfigurationOptionsForASPNETWebServices.asp

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support