How to disable mouse's right click

hon123456

Dear all,

I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
click the mouse. I want to
know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
Please help. Thanks.

Rob McAninch

hon123456>:
I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
click the mouse. I want to
know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?

JavaScript. HTML can't do anything programmatically, it is only a
markup language. View Source.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, hon123456
I want to
know how to disable the right click.

You can't. You can try, but anyone who knows anything will be able to
circumvent whatever measure you put into place, and in the process you
will annoy any visitors who want to use the right click menu for *any*
reason - e.g. to bookmark your page so they can return later.

And Macs don't have a right mouse button. :)

Chris Beall

hon123456 said:
Dear all,

I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
click the mouse. I want to
know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
Please help. Thanks.

hon123456,

You should be aware that if you actually do disable a right click, you
will prevent users of Gekko-based browsers from easily opening links on
your site in a new browser tab, rather than an entirely new window.

Most of them will not like this and therefore will avoid your site.

Chris Beall

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [hon123456] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:00 \__
Dear all,

I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
click the mouse. I want to
know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
Please help. Thanks.

Not everyone uses JavaScript. Not everyone has a right mouse button. Browsers
differ and so does their functionality.

__/ [Mark Parnell] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:09 \__
You can't. You can try, but anyone who knows anything will be able to
circumvent whatever measure you put into place, and in the process you
will annoy any visitors who want to use the right click menu for *any*
reason - e.g. to bookmark your page so they can return later.

And Macs don't have a right mouse button. :)

Quoted because it's worth repeating. Good answer.

Roy

Chaddy2222

hon123456 said:
Dear all,

I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
click the mouse. I want to
know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
Please help. Thanks.
Look. If you really don't want your content to be stolen..............
DON'T PUBLISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
It's quite simple really.