    click the mouse. I want to
    know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
    Please help. Thanks.

    hon123456, Dec 20, 2005

  2. hon123456

    Rob McAninch Guest

    hon123456>:
    > I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
    > click the mouse. I want to
    > know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?

    JavaScript. HTML can't do anything programmatically, it is only a
    markup language. View Source.

    --
    Rob McAninch
    http://rock13.com

    Rob McAninch, Dec 20, 2005

  3. hon123456

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, hon123456
    <> spouted in alt.html:

    > I want to
    > know how to disable the right click.

    You can't. You can try, but anyone who knows anything will be able to
    circumvent whatever measure you put into place, and in the process you
    will annoy any visitors who want to use the right click menu for *any*
    reason - e.g. to bookmark your page so they can return later.

    And Macs don't have a right mouse button. :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:

    Mark Parnell, Dec 20, 2005
  4. hon123456

    Chris Beall Guest

    hon123456 wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
    > click the mouse. I want to
    > know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
    > Please help. Thanks.

    hon123456,

    You should be aware that if you actually do disable a right click, you
    will prevent users of Gekko-based browsers from easily opening links on
    your site in a new browser tab, rather than an entirely new window.

    Most of them will not like this and therefore will avoid your site.

    Chris Beall

    Chris Beall, Dec 20, 2005
  5. __/ [hon123456] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:00 \__

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
    > click the mouse. I want to
    > know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
    > Please help. Thanks.

    Not everyone uses JavaScript. Not everyone has a right mouse button. Browsers
    differ and so does their functionality.

    __/ [Mark Parnell] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:09 \__

    >> I want to
    >> know how to disable the right click.

    > You can't. You can try, but anyone who knows anything will be able to
    > circumvent whatever measure you put into place, and in the process you
    > will annoy any visitors who want to use the right click menu for *any*
    > reason - e.g. to bookmark your page so they can return later.
    >
    > And Macs don't have a right mouse button. :)

    Quoted because it's worth repeating. Good answer.

    Roy

    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 20, 2005
  6. hon123456

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    hon123456 wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I encounter a web page which have no reaction when I right
    > click the mouse. I want to
    > know how to disable the right click. Is it in HTML or javascript?
    > Please help. Thanks.

    Look. If you really don't want your content to be stolen..............
    DON'T PUBLISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's quite simple really.

    Chaddy2222, Dec 20, 2005