How to disable preprocessor checks in BCC32

Nicola Mezzetti

Greetings,
I write to ask information about how to disable the preprocessor
checks on macros when compiling with command line Borland C++ compiler.

Waiting for a reply, i thank you all for the kindness and availability.

Best regards,
nicola

Mr. Nicola Mezzetti
Ph.D. student in computer science at University of Bologna
Master-graduate in Computer Science at University of Bologna (Italy)

e-mail address: (e-mail address removed)
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~mezzettn

Tel: +39-051-2094871
Fax: +39-051-2094510

Rolf Magnus

Nicola said:
Greetings,
I write to ask information about how to disable the preprocessor
checks on macros when compiling with command line Borland C++ compiler.

What do you mean by "preprocessor checks on macros"? Do you want to switch
macro expansion off?
Waiting for a reply, i thank you all for the kindness and availability.

You should ask in a newsgroup about Borland C++. Here, we only discuss the
C++ language itself, not any specific tools.

Nicola Mezzetti

Borland c++ builder performs safety checks on the macros that have to be
expanded within the code. My task is to employ bcc32 to compile a code
which do not pass these checks but correctly behaves when compiled in
other development environments. Hence, if any of you knows how to disable
these checks i would be grateful. Moreover, if you know of a newsgroup
which better corresponds to my help request, please notify it to me.

As for the moment, i thank you all for your kindness and availability.

Best regards,
nic

Mr. Nicola Mezzetti
Research Associate in TAPAS project at University of Bologna
Ph.D. student in computer science at University of Bologna
Master-graduate in Computer Science at University of Bologna (Italy)

e-mail address: (e-mail address removed)
Home Page: http://www.cs.unibo.it/~mezzettn

Tel: +39-051-2094871
Fax: +39-051-2094510

red floyd

Nicola said:
Moreover, if you know of a
newsgroup which better corresponds to my help request, please notify it
to me.

Two things.

1. Please don't top-post in this newsgroup.

2. There's a whole hierarchy of newsgroups that start with
"borland.public". e.g.:

borland.public.cpp.*
borland.public.cppbuilder

Duane Hebert

2. There's a whole hierarchy of newsgroups that start with
"borland.public". e.g.:

borland.public.cpp.*
borland.public.cppbuilder

Found on the server newsgroups.borland.com

Jack Klein

They also exist on my SBC news server.

Borland's groups are closed, and they have asked other NNTP hosts not
to mirror them. Most of the ISP's I know have stopped, as has Google.

Borland's server does not accept posts from other servers. If you
post to a Borland group on your ISP's server, you might well see the
message appear there. But it will not appear on Borland's server, and
most likely not on anyone else's.

You might contact SBC and suggest they drop the groups. It can only
lead to confusion when people post, and see their post, but never get